ORC International is a top notch global research firm, bringing strategic insight to today’s biggest companies to help drive their customer, employee and growth initiatives. Our goal is to help our clients grow their business through quantitative, qualitative, and strategic intelligence research that provides them with a 360-degree view of their fact-finding effort.
We’re part of the Engine group, a marketing services group which brings together leading brands such as WCRS, Mischief and MHP. With offices in 15 markets and clients in over 50 countries, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Working within the Financial Services team, you are passionate about the sector and developing innovative approaches to the challenges our clients face today. Our aim is that our clients see us as a natural extension of their team, partnering with them to make informed decisions and improvements.
As an Associate Director you will use your experience to challenge the status quo and want to develop and work within a fast-paced but rewarding, collaborative and supportive environment. We are looking for someone that is excited by winning over and working with new clients, follows the industry and market developments and is willing to put their head above the parapet by writing thought leadership papers and speak at seminars.
Our work is both qualitative and quantitative in nature, with a significant emphasis on the following areas:
- Customer research, especially customer loyalty programmes, customer journey mapping, relationship assessment,
- Market and product testing including literature reviews, U&A, needs-based segmentation, price sensitivity
- Brand positioning and strategy.
- Lead responsibility for large projects (£75,000+)
- Consultancy advice and assistance designing the research project and proposal, demonstrating sector knowledge
- Ensure high quality of project deliverables for large projects by overseeing and contributing to them and sign off project deliverables for junior staff on small and medium sized projects
- Analyses the profitability of projects and take action to increase margins
- Solve project related issues and complaints
- Lead client meetings
- Develop client relationships and repeat business
- Regularly undertakes high level client presentations
- Identifies ways of improving the service provided to clients
- Offer consultancy advice to clients
Sales and Marketing
- Lead on designing research methodologies, writing proposals and costing new projects
- Financial management of projects from the costing stage to commissioning, budget control and execution of final expense reports and completion reports
- Develop new client relationships through contacts and leading on sales pitches
- Identify, suggest and develop new products and services for clients
- Manage the activities of a shared telesales prospector
- Contribute ideas to management in regard to the strategic development of the Financial Services and Market Research division
- Develop cross divisional collaboration opportunities
- Speak at ORC International seminars, marketing events and external conferences
- Assist in the development of the strategic direction of the division
- Supporting business development, marketing and the development of services
Key skills & Qualifications
- Customer focused with excellent client management skills
- Be a knowledge leader in Financial Services research application (especially Insurance and investments but also banking)
- Excellent project management skills with experience of designing and managing complex research projects
- Excited about sales and keen to develop a business development plan with support of both the Financial Services Research Director and Divisional Manager (new clients and new services to existing clients)
- Good communications skills (both written and verbal) including presentation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Highly numerate
- Degree educated 2:1 or above
- Agency background essential, ideally within a top 20 full service agency
- Quantitative methodologies essential
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Services
The benefits for you
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some great clients, working in a busy and creative environment in a company that is committed to employee engagement. Along with competitive salaries, ORC International offers a competitive benefits package which includes private medical insurance, a contributory pension, and a season ticket loan. We are an accredited Investor in People and also offer cycle schemes, flexible working arrangements, time off to donate blood, childcare vouchers and loyalty awards. We actively promote health and wellbeing such as a healthy breakfast on a Monday morning and contribute to health and wellbeing costs such as gym memberships.
We look forward to receiving your application!
ORC International is committed to promoting diversity and practicing of equal opportunity.